top 10 highest mountain in the world
10. ANNAPURNA I, NEPAL – 8091M
Annapurna I in Nepal is the tenth highest mountain in the world.
9. NANGA PARBAT, PAKISTAN – 8126M
The ninth highest mountain in the world is Nanga Parbat, in the Diamer District of Pakistan’s Gilgit Baltistan region in the western Himalayas.
8. MANASLU, NEPAL – 8163M
Manaslu is the eighth highest mountain in the world, the name actually comes from the Sanskrit word ‘manasa’, which means “intellect” or “soul”.
7. DHAULAGIRI, NEPAL – 8167M
The Dhaulagiri in Nepal is the seventh highest mountain in the world at 8167m, and one of the most aesthetically stunning mountains of the lot.
6. CHO OYU, HIMALAYAS, NEPAL/TIBET AUTONOMOUS REGION, CHINA – 8188M
The fourth and final member of the Everest region’s 8000m club is Cho Oyu. The sixth highest mountain in the world at 8188m .
5. MAKALU, HIMALAYAS, NEPAL/TIBET AUTONOMOUS REGION, CHINA – 8485M
Makalu is the third of the four 8000m-high mountains in the Everest Massif in Nepal. It was first summited by a French expedition led by Jean Franco in 1955
4. LHOTSE, HIMALAYAS, NEPAL/TIBET AUTONOMOUS REGION, CHINA – 8516M
Lhotse is one of the more famous mountains on any list of the top 10 highest mountains in the world, largely because of its proximity to Mount Everest.
3. KANGCHENJUNGA, HIMALAYAS, NEPAL/INDIA – 8586M
Kangchenjunga the highest peak in India. Kangchenjunga is the third highest mountain in the world. It can be found between Nepal and Sikkim in India
2. K2, KARAKORAM, PAKISTAN/CHINA – 8611M
The second highest mountain in the world is K2. The mountain took its name from the notation used by the Great Trigonometrical Survey of British India.
1. MOUNT EVEREST, HIMALAYAS, NEPAL/TIBET AUTONOMOUS REGION, CHINA – 8848M
First climbed by Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay in 1953, Mount Everest is, of course, the highest mountain in the world.
Thanks For Reading
Next: Most famous festival in india
Find Out More